A new short wheelbase manual transmission version of the Ford Transit Custom is now available as dealerships take delivery of updated MY18.5 versions of the big-selling van.
The new entry-level short wheelbase (SWB) model is priced from $40,990, add an additional $2,800 for an automatic transmission.
Across all versions of the MY2018.5 Ford Transit Custom you will notice tweaked external styling, including a new grille and headlights.
Ford is now also offering a high roof option on both SWB and LWB variants, and factory-fitted windows are now also available on both single and dual side load door vans.
The Ford Transit Custom now also gets SYNC 3 connectivity/infotainment as a standard fitment in every variant, along with a reversing camera and front/rear parking sensors.
The MY18.5 van also gets sat-nav at no extra cost.
While driver assist tech, including Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) and Adaptive Cruise Control are available in an optional pack that will set you back an extra $1,600.
The Ford team also confirming the Transit Custom boasts a reworked interior with additional storage areas, improved instrumentation and a new fold-out cup holder beneath the gear lever.
Covered by a five-year, unlimited kilometre warranty, Ford boss Graeme Whickman has told uteandvanguide.com.au that the upgrades make the Ford van an even more enticing option.
“We’ve worked on bringing car-like drivability and features, such as SYNC 3, to Transit Custom, while maintaining high levels of safety, carrying and towing capabilities.”
MY2018.5 Ford Transit Custom Pricing:
- 300S SWB 2.0L Ford EcoBlue 6MT – from $40,990
- 300S SWB 2.0L Ford EcoBlue 6MT – High Roof – from $42,490
- 300S SWB 2.0L Ford EcoBlue 6AT – from $43,790
- 300S SWB 2.0L Ford EcoBlue 6AT – High Roof – from $45,290
- 340L LWB 2.0L Ford EcoBlue 6MT – from $42,990
- 340L LWB 2.0L Ford EcoBlue 6MT – High Roof – from $44,490
- 340L LWB 2.0L Ford EcoBlue 6AT – from $45,790
- 340L LWB 2.0L Ford EcoBlue 6AT – High Roof – from $47,290
Stay up to date with the latest Ford LCV News at uteandvanguide.com.au.