The recently revealed new-generation Peugeot Partner will have big shoes to fill with the superseded model beating home a strong pack of finalists to be named UK Fleet Van of the Year.
The Peugeot van, sold in Australia as the Citroen Berlingo, has been handed the award by leading commercial vehicle fleet magazine Motor Transport.
In reaching their decision, the judges took into consideration productivity (including reliability and vehicle up-time), fuel efficiency, driver acceptance, Dealer support and total cost of ownership.
Other factors taken into account included customer service, warranty, finance packages and after sales support.
In presenting the award, the judges’ comments included:
“Peugeot continues to make in-roads into Fleet and Businesses with its range of competitively priced products that enjoy a reputation for reliability.”
“The Partner van is at the forefront of the brand’s growth, and despite operating in a fiercely competitive segment, continues to grow market share.”
The judges also commented on the great build quality of the Peugeot/Citroen vehicle.
2019 Peugeot Partner/Citroen Berlingo Fast Facts:
- Built on an all-new platform
- To be offered in two different sizes – M and XL
- Choice of Extenso Cab or Crew Cab
- Engines will include BlueHDi 1.5 diesel and PureTech 1.2 petrol
- Only available with eight-speed auto transmission
- Standard kit will include Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- Electric version available in Europe, but not confirmed for Australia
We’ll bring you more details on the new-gen Citroen Berlingo, including finalized Australian specs and pricing details, when confirmed.
- Related: Big savings now on Citroen Berlingo
- Related: Slight LCV sales lift in June 2018
- Related: 2017 Renault Kangoo Review
Stay up to date with the latest Citroen LCV News at uteandvanguide.com.au.