The Citroen Berlingo has been named International Van of the Year 2019.
Revealed recently (coverage here), the new third-generation Citroen Berlingo is still a little way off an Australian arrival – we’ll keep you updated though as local pricing and specs are confirmed.
The respected van award was announced at the IAA Commercial Vehicles Show in Hannover earlier today.
The brand is no stranger to the award – they’ve won in four other times, including in 1997 for the first-generation Berlingo.
Citroen telling us the judging panel, comprised of 25 journalists and editors from a selection of LCV magazines, praised New Berlingo Van for its two sizes (M and XL), as well as its comfort and safety features.
“The Citroen brand is proud to see New Berlingo Van receive this prestigious title once again.” – Linda Jackson, Citroen Global CEO
“This award bears witness to the leap taken by this third generation of Berlingo Van in terms of features and underlines the relevance of Citroën’s offer in the delivery van sector.
“The new Berlingo is a modern commercial vehicle perfect for every business.”
The award also extends to the Peugeot, Vauxhall and Opel versions of the van.
2019 Citroen Berlingo Key Facts:
- The two body sizes are 4.40m (M) and 4.75m (XL) in length and are based on two wheelbase lengths.
- The Citroen Berlingo will also be offered in two specification levels – Worker and Driver.
- A Crew Van version will seat up to five (not confirmed for Australia).
- Maximum payloads of up to 1,000kg.
- It will feature driver assistance tech including an Overload Indicator, Colour Head-up Display and Adaptive Cruise Control.
- Engines include the BlueHDi 130, BlueHDi, and BlueHDi.
- Related: Accolades for popular Peugeot-Citroen van
- Related: UK to get another electric van option
- Related: 2019 Mitsubishi Triton spied?
Stay up to date with the latest Citroen News at uteandvanguide.com.au.