The 2019 Ford Ranger is now available in Australia and the big news is the arrival of Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB).
Just the second ute to have the potentially life-saving technology (check out our guide to AEB arrival in utes sold in Australia), the updated Ranger will offer AEB as standard in the flagship Wildtrak variant.
The Ranger XLT dual-cab picks up the safety tech as a part of the optional ‘Technology Pack’.
Ford’s 2019 update of the Ranger also brings the third engine option to the range – bi-turbo four-cylinder diesel.
The new engine, which is also found in the just arrived Ranger Raptor) comes mated exclusively to a new 10-speed auto transmission and is available in both XLT and Wildtrak variants.
All three engines available in the Ford Ranger today are Euro 5 compliant.
Other changes coming into the Ford Ranger line-up for 2019 include:
- New five-year/unlimited km warranty (across the range)
- Front styling tweaks (most models)
- Upgraded suspension (all variants)
- ‘Easy-lift’ tailgate (new to XL pick-up)
- Rear parking sensors (new to XL)
- Front parking sensors (new to XLS)
- LED Daytime Running Lights (new to XLT)
- Smart keyless entry with push-button start (new to XLT)
- LED Front Fog Lamps (new to Wildtrak)
- Semi Auto Active Park Assist (Parallel) (new to Wildtrak)
- Traffic Sign Recognition (new to Wildtrak)
2019 Ford Ranger Engine Line-Up:
- 2.2L 4-cylinder TDCi producing 118kW and 385Nm (from 1,600 rpm)
- 3.2L 5-cylinder TDCi producing 147kW and 470Nm (from 1,750 rpm)
- 2.0L Bi-Turbo 4-cylinder producing 157kW and 500Nm (from 1,750 rpm)
“We know that Australians in this segment are looking for value for money with genuine, real-world capability,” – Graeme Whickman, President and CEO Ford Australia.
“The MY19 Ranger delivers greater capability and improvements across the line-up from suspension upgrades to Autonomous Emergency Breaking.”
2019 Ford Ranger prices start from $27,990 and climb to a $63,990 starting price for the Bi-Turbo equipped Wildtrak.
- Related: Ford debuts new Trail Control off-road tech
- Related: Trailer Blindspot Tech for Ford Ranger
- Related: Ford Ranger named most desired used vehicle
Stay up to date with the latest Ford LCV News at uteandvanguide.com.au.