Covid has changed the LCV market, especially in the 3.5 – 8T range of vehicles. LDV Deliver9 is a cost effective choice in this competitive segment.
This week I’ve played delivery driver with a huge white van in the driveway.
I drove the long wheelbase high roof variant that is powered by a 2.0-litre 4-cylinder turbodiesel producing 110kW and a useful 375Nm from just 1,500rpm. This drives the rear wheels through a 6 sp automatic transmission.
Safety features include stop/start engine functionality, Adaptive cruise control, Autonomous Emergency Braking, Bosch’s latest generation Electronic Stability Control system, an excellent reverse camera, Lane Departure Warning, and plenty of airbags.
TO LISTEN TO THE AUDIO PLAY BELOW
The driver’s position is pretty comfortable with an easy to read dash, smart phone connectivity, and a 10.1 inch touch screen. Dual external rear view mirrors are a bonus.
Load area practicality comes from a side sliding door, rear 180 degree opening doors and a huge capacity with wide floor area.
Priced from $44,726 plus the usual costs it represents excellent value.
LDV Deliver9 Dimensions
- overall length of 5940mm,
- wheelbase of 3760mm,
- width of 2060mm and
- Height of 2535mm.
- Unladen ground clearance is 185mm
- Turning circle is 14.2m,
- Tub length 1570m. depth 465mm, Width 1530mm
- Width between wheel arches 1366mm
- Load length 3413mm, Load Width 1800mm Load height 1792mm
- Kerb mass of 2300kg and Payload of 1640kg.
- GVM of 4000kg, GCM of 6800kg.
- Fuel tank is 80L
- Towing capacity is 2800kg and tow ball rating is up to 200kg WITH 50mm ball.
- Value for money
- Robust reliability
Not so good Bits
- Bluetooth has poor quality reception
- Missing some safety features
- Does not like cross winds when driving.
Also Look At
Model: LDV Deliver9 LWB High Roof AT
- Model Price: $44,726 MLP*
- Engine: 2.0L 4 Cyl Euro 5 TDi
- Drivetrain: RWD 6 speed Auto
- Power: 110kW @ 3500rpm
- Torque: 375Nm @ 150-2200rpm
- Safety: TBA
- CO2 Emissions: TBA g/km
- Economy ADR: 10.0 L/100km
- Tow Capacity: 2800kg
- Tow Ball Rating: 280kg
- Servicing: 12 Months. 30,000km
- Warranty: 3yr/ 160,000 km with 6 Yr. roadside assist
*MLP – Manufacturers List Price includes GST and LCT but excluding statutory charges, dealer costs and dealer delivery. See your dealer for RDAP. Does not include price of any options.
Overall Rating 79/100
- Behind the Wheel 7
- Comfort 7
- Equipment 7
- Performance 7
- Ride & Handling 7
- Practicality 9
- Fit for Purpose 9
- Towing Ability 8
- Payload 9
- Value for Money 9
Motoring Minutes are heard around Australia every day on over 50 radio channels through the Torque Radio network. Motoring Minutes have an average daily audience of over 150,000 listeners. Motoring Minutes are also broadcast as part of Overdrive Radio Program, which is broadcast through the Community Radio Network across Australia and has a weekly audience of over 450,000.